Monday, January 18, 2010

Stations of the Pacific:Guam KTWR




One of my favorite sports in the Past few years is to visit Shortwave stations and I spent alot of time on Guam Island,Saipan and a few more. This was one stop I did during the storm after Pongsang ripped through Guam andI found out that many of the station Engineers were also Hams. They gave me the tour of the station and I wished I had this in my back yard to operate. This it one of those so-called Curtain Array antennas you hear about.




Can you imagine having one and working on the dx for stations. I spent many hours near one of these and the antennas are really expensive.

I plan to add much more on these and hope many will enjoy and can visit the islands someday.Shortwave lives with its listeners and those who send in cards to the engineers and stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment