Saturday, January 2, 2010

Palau Antennas finally

My ship pulled up anchor and left port on January 2 enroute to Guam, as we left we departed on the side in which the T8WH would be located. I was a bit nervous the captain would turn to port instead of starboard, that would take me away from the station location.

I wasnt disappointed as we did turn starboard and headed north of the island. I grabbed my camera and binoculars and looked as we approached the side of the island. I got even more of a surprise as the ship turned again inward and came within 2 miles of the beach area to avoid a reef.

Looking like very tall trees in the distance was T8WH. I also noticed the other 3 antennas. 1 to the left of it and one behind it off in the distance a little bit. I also saw what appeared to be a house up on the hill which might have been living quarters or the transmitters. I will try to post some pictures of the station on the next port.

It looks like the station does exists here.

No comments:

Post a Comment