Sunday, January 24, 2010


A few years ago while

in Hawaii I was given this radio and it worked fair the unit had a slight muttery sound coming from the unit, but stations were still good to listen in on, the person who gave it to me was a fellow Ham and said it needed repairs, possibly the oscillator unit, my wife loved the unit and even allowed in the house, so we could listen to the airwaves. Shortly after a year no sound came from it. I have been trying to locate a way to get it repaired without going to the hassel of bringing it back to the U.S.A. as customs can be a problem. They gave me a hard time with my primary rig, a Icom 730 which needed it to be serviced by Icom. These are great radios and I enjoy my world of radio alot. As the shortwave bands have so much more to offer in what other stations put out, some people are just shy to try it.

73 from Korea

1 comment:

  1. Took this to a local shop and it was returned to me as no way to repair, no parts here in the area. And wrote to bought Drake and a few others, no one has emailed back.

    ReplyDelete