Thursday, January 14, 2010

My mystery station on 10,000 khz

Unfortunately I have left port before I could here this again and verify my reception I have a video I recorded on my camera but the system I am on is super slow and will post it in a few days, were enroute to a different port. I was surprsed the ATA India station no longer exists as the website I saw mentioned it was still there, www.smeter.net/stations/hf-time-frequency.php I will attempt to verify this when I get a port or location.

enroute to HL land

2 comments:

  1. Larry, Were there time announcements too? You did not say so. If not,
    this may have nothing to do with any timesignal station. What format,
    what timezone? Are you talking about voice only, or was there some
    code? The new Brazilian timesignal station on 10000 is Observatorio
    Nacional, but it`s very low powered. Surely whatever it was would not
    really be saying QRX. I don`t understand what you mean by ``off
    frequency but still on 10000``. What frequency was it really on?
    (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

    There was no morse code beacons involved just the same repeated sentences over and over,some what weak at times but at the time I recalled some russian stations operate off frequency of the 10,000 so I tuned both sides of this and the signal always sounded stronger on 10. So as soon as I can get to a good connection to send the recording I will. I am at sea and enroute to Korea area.

    ReplyDelete