Monday, January 18, 2010

Stations of the Pacific:Guam AWR


Some of my greatests pleasure is the views of these antennas, many times I would drive by them on my way to Cetti Point on the coast side of Guam,during those travels I got the chance to view the station and meet the many fine Engineers and the station equipment. The antennas like all go through alot of work to maintain but in the long run are worth it. I heard this station along with KTWR in the Indian Ocean back in 2004 while off the coast of Africa. The station went through a series of storms like that of KTWR but like many is dependent on its listeners, they get donations and comments from the people who heard them from far away spots like the United States. If we want shortwave to live we have to send the cards,QSL's to these guys to let them know we appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment