Saturday, September 18, 2010

recent purchase

  I recently came across a shop that sells shortwave radios in singapore, mostly small portables. I been disappointed by the disappearance of my old shortwave 7600gr which I had in 2005 on a ship in the gulf. I got that one for $100. But since the prices have changed due to currency the unit now runs about $200.

   I got the radio from a shop and put it through its paces again this morning and was quite happy with it. Picking up stations the sangean was also hearing but slightly weaker. A little reception on 8943 khz and hearing singapore working a brueni flight. Some others as well. I like portables but they have there weakness like hearing ghosts signals on top of others. I recall picking up a broadcast in the middle of 20 meters only to find out through some friends like Glenn Hauser,mentioning it could be a ghost of a shortwave station, I was picking up KTWR on top of the other, and came from there 15,220 khz broadcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment