Thursday, September 30, 2010

hong kong listening

 My recent visit to Hong Kong was a 5 day visit to the port. My ship was anchored near Fenwick Pier and it was a great visit but not much city viewings due to some needed repairs to the vessel. In my early mornings here I spent most of it listening to my recently purchased Sony 7600gr. I was amazed at the catches in the early mornings, like 4318 khz Diego Garcia and 9790 khz Radio Romania. All the signals were extremely loud and were heard at 2200-2300 utc time periods.

  Radio is fun hobby and one of my friends here teased me about tin foil antennas, funny how a few years ago some used it many times and even stuck these antennas in areas where they had antenna problems. Apartments not always being the friendly ones on outside antennas.

  Try one and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment