Tuesday, February 16, 2010

RFA Saipan




One the other side of Saipan and about 10 miles from FEBC site lies a beauty of antennas and on several occassions I was able to see these great antennas of Radio Free Asia, there transmitters became confidential and even more so since 9/11. I wanted to view these from the inside but never got past the gates. I was able to do a short conversation with the workers but still never got past the front door. If you think your dipoles at home are a problem stretching out check out this next photo of a close up of the antennas. The towers at many sites are more than 200 ft tall.

The antenna towers here are similar to the abandoned Japanese antenna tower that was shown to me on Palau in my quest to view World Harvest Radio's T8WH station.

No comments:

Post a Comment