Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FEBC Saipan



One of my first visits to a shortwave site was on the island of Saipan, only a few times visit to the island and really enjoyed my visit to the place. One day I drove on the island to view a antenna that made me more than curious and as many would who love this hobby like me I was determined to get closer to this site. And was I ever in for a site.

I drove down a dirt road in a rented vehicle and came across the Transmit site of FEBC. The engineer turned out to be a Ham as well and he gave me a guided tour of the all the transmitters and even a rare treat of actually standing in the middle of the antennas. These are the Continental transmitters that send those signals half way around the world to us shortwave and even some who just listen to the religious broadcasts,probably pushing 100,000 watts. One of my many visits to Saipan and my dedication to our great hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment