Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Accidental View of Shortwave station

  Back a few days ago my Wife,Son and several members of my family and neighbors traveled by special Van from Cavite near our home to Subic Bay, Philippines. I was to meet a new ship assignment in Subic, it was the sister ship of Salvor. I spent most of the trip watching the area as we passed down the road. My wife nephew and I noticed a group of Towers off to our left as we traveled down Northern Luzon Highway. I began to wonder who or whom this station was. From the short view I was able to figure out it was a curtain array. Similar to a QSL Card seen from VOA Philippines.

    I began to do some detective thoughts and turned to a group of friends from the SWL@QTH.NET group. I go a response from a friend. The mention came it was posssible to be the ex-VOA Station that was once upon a time operating. I sent a email to VOA on this but in 24 hours nothing came back. Please note the Picture here added its shows some thumb tacks is some of the antenna sites close to my path. The one listed as VOA Malolos site. Wish I could have spent the extra hour to go and see it closer.

     I wish to thank a fellow shortwave buff who did some detective work as well to help me on this. Mr Mauno Ritola  who told more and helped me locate what I was looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment